The Best Vegetable Steamer For Your Food
To choose the best vegetable steamer, there are various factors that you should consider. If you love serving vegetables daily, ensure that you buy a steamer that will serve you for several years. If you don’t like steamed vegetables, you can buy a less expensive steamer basket. A microwave or electric steamer have the advantage of freeing up the cooktop space.
The following are some of the factors that you should consider before you buy a vegetable steamer. Ensure that you choose the one that will satisfy your needs.
The Size Of The Steamer
Most steamers are designed to contract and expand so that it can fit in various pots with varying sizes. Others are designed to fit in a particular pot. The bamboo steamers have the advantage of having multiple tiers to steam more than one food. The microwave and the electric steamers have a fixed size.
The Storage Space
If you have a limited storage space, you can consider the collapsible steamer baskets. The other steamers have a fixed size. This means you need more space for storage.
The Type Of Material
Most steamer baskets are made of stainless steel and other are made from bamboo. The bamboo steamer will darken after some time of use. The stainless steamer will remain the same after every use. The microwave steamers are made of plastic. If you need an electric steamer they are made of different materials but they have plastic inserts.
The Steaming Process
The cooking time and water used depends on the size, type, and the quantity of the food that you are steaming. Each steamer will come with the cooking guides.
5 Best Vegetable Steamers That You Can Consider On The Market
The cooker set contains a pot, vented and steamer, and a tempered glass lid. The steamer has a capacity of 1 quart. It is made of mirrored stainless steel. The base of the base of the pot is encapsulated with a tri-ply. This ensures that the heating is uniform to avoid the hot spots. The heat is conducted quickly and efficiently. You can easily clean the steamer by hand washing.
- It is easier to prepare food with this steamer because it can hold enough of your vegetables or any other food that you want to steam.
- The pot holds a small amount of water that boils very fast and can only take less than 7 minutes to steam the vegetables.
- It is made of high-quality stainless stain that is easy to clean.
- Heat is distributed quickly and efficiently.
- It can be used to make baby food.
- It is too small if you are cooking for more than two people.
- The handles may become too hot.
This is versatile. You can use it to boil, steam, heat, and simmer various foods. You only need to boil water in the saucepan, then add the Chinese dumplings, broccoli, or the tamales in your basket steamer.
You can use it to boil yams, cook polenta, or heat the soups without the steamer insert. It has a base that is made of an aluminum core that is surrounded by stainless steel. This ensures that heat is distributed rapidly and evenly.
The polished mirror finish gives it the classic touch. The stacking steamer can be used without or with the steamer insert. The handles are ergonomic with the iconic styling to give you a confident grasp. The lid helps to seal in the moisture and the heat for better results.
- The stacking steamer can be cleaned easily in the dishwasher. It can be used in the oven up to 350 degrees F.
- The steamer works perfectly well with the other Faberware pans and pots.
- The steamer is versatile and beautifully designed. You can cook and steam different foods.
- The steamer insert has a capacity of 2 quarts and the saucepot is 3-quart.
- They are all made of stainless steel that is polished to mirror finish.
- The aluminum at the base ensures that heat is distributed evenly and quickly.
- The pot is resistant to discoloring and corrosion.
- You can easily pour from the pot without dripping. This is because it has thick rolled rims.
- The pot comes with a tight fight lid that is domed. This ensures that there is enough room for simmering soups and stocks.
- It can be used for braising or cooking chili in the oven or on the stove.
- The handles are resistant to high temperatures. They can be used in the oven safely. The handles also stay cool on the stove.
- The steamer and the pot can be cleaned in the dishwasher easily.
- It has a lifetime warranty against defects.
- The 2-quart steamer fits in the saucepot perfectly.
- It is not resistant to stains, discoloration, and rust.
- The handles may get too hot. They are made of plastic.
The steamer is made of 100% stainless steel of high quality. It is designed to fit in various pots of different sizes. It is collapsible for storage purposes. You don’t need to assemble the steamer. The legs and the post at the center are attached to make the steamer stable and durable.
It can be removed easily from the pan with the central sturdy ring. The central screws are removable to make it easier to steam large foods. The steamer does not take a lot of space as compared to the bamboo steamers. It has a diameter of 5.3-9.3 inches with a height of 2-3.4 inches. The steamer can be used to steam vegetables and fruits, desserts, seafood, meat and chicken, dumplings, and eggs.
- This is the best option for steaming your daily vegetables or fruits. This helps to retain the minerals and the nutrients that may be lost by other cooking methods.
- It made of 100% stainless steel. This makes the steamer to be durable.
- The capacity of the steamer is large enough to steam enough food for the family.
- It can easily fit in various pans and pots. This is because it can be adjusted and it expands.
- The legs are sturdy and resistant to rust. This is because they are constructed from stainless steel of high quality.
- It has a unique design that is compact and collapsible to save the storage space.
- It can be used to steam food and fruits for the baby.
- It can be cleaned in the dishwasher safely.
- The steamer can be removed from the pan easily. This is because of the central ring.
- You don’t have to assemble the steamer. The legs are attached to the center post.
- It is not resistant to rust.
- If you put more water, the basket may slide into the water.
- The legs are too short.
The steamer has a handle that extends and is able to lock in position. This helps in transporting and filling, and the retracts to accommodate the lid as you steam. You can insert a fork into the handle for an extra reach.
The legs can be folded for easier storage. They open up to 1.75”. this ensures that enough water can be used in the process of steaming. When steaming large foods like fish fillets, you can remove the handle to free up the basket.
- The steamer is sturdy. This is because it is made of stainless steel.
- It can be cleaned in the dishwasher easily.
- The handle is removable to extend and lock into position for easier transportation and filling. It also retracts to accommodate the lid of the pot as you steam.
- The handle has a hole where you can put a fork to prevent your hands from being burnt by the steam.
- The steamer can perfectly fit in pots that have a diameter of up to 8 inches.
- The feet of the steamer can be elevated above the water. They can be folded flat when they are not in use. This makes the storage easier.
- The steamer is too flexible. It can flop all over when it is being taken out of the pot or pan.
- You may not be able to fold the lids together when you are steaming food. You can easily burn yourself.
- The steamer may rust.
- It may retain the odor of the food.
5. The premium basket 5.5-9.3inches vegetable steamers, long foldable legs with the silicone feet, extendable handle, 2 in 1 julienne peeler with a steaming ebook.
It is made of stainless steel of high quality. This presents the best-brushed metal. The steamer can be used by everybody including preparing for the baby. If you love steamed vegetables and fruits, this is an essential cookware in the kitchen.
It can be cleaned in the dishwasher easily and safely. The handle can be extended and the silicone feet folded. This ensures that it is easily removed from the pot or pan and there are no scratches in the pan or pot. It can be adjusted to fit in various pots. Any pot or pan can be turned into a steamer. The can be stored easily.
This is because it is collapsible to become compact and small. It comes with a julienne peeler for slicing the veggies. The cookbook is downloadable, it will help you to prepare tasty and healthy meals.
- It can be adjusted to fit in various pots. This is because the steamer is adjustable.
- It comes with a julienne peeler that you can use to slice or peel the vegetables.
- It also comes with a free cookbook that you can use to prepare varieties of tasty and healthy foods.
- The steamer can be used to steam vegetables, fruits, seafood, tamale, rice, eggs, and other foods.
- You can use the steamer as a strainer or fruit bowl.
- It has a lifetime warranty. If you don’t like it, you can ship it back and get a refund.
- The can be stored easily. This is because it is collapsible to become compact and small.
- The handle can be extended and the silicone feet folded. This ensures that it is easily removed from the pot or pan and there are no scratches in the pan or pot.
- It is easy and simple to use.
- It is made of stainless steel of that is of high quality.
- It is hard to get it out of the pressure cooker without spilling. This is because it is too thin.
- The steamer may rust.
- It may be too small if you are preparing food for more people.
- It may be flimsy when steaming heavier fruits or vegetables.
The Best Vegetable Steamer Is:
Among the above vegetable steamers, the premium basket 5.5-9.3inches vegetable steamer is outstanding. I like it because it is easier and simple to use. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher easily and safely. The steamer can be used to steam vegetables, fruits, seafood, tamale, rice, eggs, and other foods.
It can also be used as a strainer or fruit bowl. It comes with a julienne peeler that you can use to slice or peel the vegetables. It also comes with a free cookbook that you can use to prepare varieties of tasty and healthy foods.