What Does Foie Gras Taste Like? The Best Thing You Should Know
Do you know foie Gras? Have you ever tasted this? Do you know what does foie Gras taste like? Most of us may be wondering what foie Gras is. The following information will help us to understand more about the foie Gras.
This is made from the liver of a duck or the goose. The duck or goose is fattened for a specific period of time through feeding. The taste is refined and unique. This is a luxury food in the world that you may want to taste.
Before you taste this meal, ensure that it is nicely prepared well by an expert. You can also prepare this at home easily and enjoy with your friends and family members.
Types Of Foie Gras
You can get the foie Gras in different shapes, grades, and sizes. In most cases, the foie Gras has 2 lobes that are bulbous. This has an oval shape. They all have varying weights from 1.8-2.5 pounds. The liver has a pinkish cream color. It is very delicate, this means that you must be very careful when cooking the foie Gras. If the liver is overcooked, the fat will melt.
- The high-quality livers are firm and huge with a smooth texture. They have no blood spots. The color is consistent. They are always shiny with a sweet smell. They are also known as grade ‘A’ foie Gras.
The top-quality livers can be used to prepare delicious delicacies like searing, sautéing, a terrine. The liver is cooked in a porcelain terrine deeply. After cooking, it is put in a water bath. This is then chilled and served.
- The second type of foie Gras has a texture that is softer. The livers are small in size. It may have some minor defects on the surface or spots of blood. The veins are eminent as compared to the first-grade foie Gras. This is as delicious as the other liver.
This type of foie Gras is used to make the mousse, terrine, and other meals. The blood spots are melted away as you cook. It can also be used for searing. Although it is recommended to use a firmer liver.
- The third grade is pale when compared to the first two grades. It is used to thicken sauces and to add flavor.
How Do You Prepare The Foie Gras?
It is simple to prepare this delicious delicacy. You only need to clean it properly, devein it and then cook it slowly. This is called foie Gras entire, the terrine of foie Gras, and also whole foie Gras. You can add salt, pepper, and sauternes wine.
The name is derived from the towel that is used to wrap the liver before it is boiled in stock, water or wine. This is another form of the foie Gras.
You can also try to prepare the mousse, the bloc, and the pureed foie Gras. These are less expensive. You will easily get in touch with the delicious and silky flavor of the liver. The silky taste is derived from boiling the liver in water or wine as it gets emulsified, blended and baked.
In the US, you can easily get the canned foie Gras. But if you want to get and enjoy the real taste of the foie Gras, just get a fresh liver.
The following is a recipe that you can try to get the real taste of the foie Gras.
The Sautéed Foie Gras
The required ingredients
- ½ lb duck liver, high quality.
- 2 teaspoons of canola oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Pepper and salt
- Clean and devein the liver at room temperature.
- Cut the liver into 0.5-inch thick pieces crosswise.
- Season the pieces with the pepper and salt.
- Heat a teaspoon of the canola oil in a skillet that is heavy over high heat. Ensure that it does not smoke.
- Sauté half of the live pieces in the skillet for a minute or less on each side.
- Place them on a paper towel to drain the fat. Discard the fat in the skillet.
- Sauté the remaining pieces of foie Gras and discard the fat the same way but leave a teaspoon of the fat in the skillet.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and boil until it bubbles
- Serve this with sauce and pears that are sautéed.
Enjoy the taste!
So, What Does The Foie Gras Taste Like?
Now you know what the foie Gras is. Is this something you can try? If you taste this, the taste is unforgettable. You can easily fall in love with this soft and delicious delicacy that will just melt in your mouth.
Have you ever tasted this delicacy? Please feel free to share with us what you think. The foie Gras can blow your mind. The taste has something salty and sweet. The texture soft and similar to that of butter. It will melt in your mouth and give you the unforgettable experience.
You may want to try other flavors of Eel, Calamari, Sushi or Marsala.