The Best Electric Skillet You Need To Consider In 2017
If you are looking for the best Electric Skillet to purchase in 2017, then you have come to the right place. After several days of extensive research and interviews with my fellow moms, I came up with this article to help you fulfil your shopping needs.
By reading this article, you will learn more about electric skillets, know what factors to consider when purchasing them and get reviews for the best electric skillets you can consider purchasing in 2017. Let’s get started.
What Is An Electric Skillet?
Before I go into details about the factors to consider when buying an Electric Skillet, let me first introduce what this product is all about.
An Electric Skillet is simply a type of frying pan which is powered by electricity. This pan comes with an electric cable which you can plug into an electric outlet to prepare your meals. This means you are not going to use it on your stove or oven.
Basically, this versatile cookware comes in different designs, sizes, and shapes. Each one of them is designed to perform a specific function. So if you know your needs, then the shopping process will be easier than you thought.
5 Meals To Make Using Electric Skillet
This is a YouTube video showing some of the easy meals you can cook in an Electric Skillet.
Factors To Consider When Buying An Electric Skillet
There several types of Electric Skillets on the market posing a challenge on which product to purchase. If you are one of those faced with this challenge, you need to worry less. There are several factors which you need to put into consideration when purchasing an Electric Skillet. These factors will help you select not only a capable product for your kitchen but also one that can last for long without the need for replacement or repair.
1. Intended Use
As I stated easier, there are several Electric Skillets on the market each with a specific use. To choose the best product, you need to consider what you will be using your skillet for. Make sure the skillet you have settled on is designed to perform your intended use. This is important because you want to make sure whether it is designed to fit your intended use.
2. Your Budget
You also need to factor in how much you are willing to invest on an Electric Skillet. This will push you further to look into the price of each product. Basically, the price of Electric Skillets ranges from $50 to $300. However, you can spend less but still find a high quality and durable skillet. If you are planning to use your pan daily, be ready to dig deep into your pockets for a product that can withstand intensive use.
3. Shapes And Sizes
You also need to consider the size and shape of an electric skillet before purchase. This is important if you are too much concerned about storage and transportation. If you have enough space on your kitchen’s countertop to fit a big cookware, then you might consider buying a smaller model. In my case, I have plenty of space in my kitchen the reason I purchased a 16-inch electric skillet.
4. Temperature Controls
You also need to factor in the skillet’s temperature controls before purchase. A typical electric skillet comes with low and high heat controls. However, there are other advanced models that include warm setting.
5. Cooking Capacity
You also need to determine the skillet’s cooking capacity before purchase. You can know this if the manufacturer has provided the product’s dimensions. If you want to cook food for a large family, a bigger model will be enough for that. However, if you are going to use the pan to prepare food for yourself, a 12-inch skillet is enough.
You don’t want to purchase an electric skillet that you will replace after few months of use. So you need to factor in the durability of the skillet before purchase. Choose an item that can last for several years without thinking of a replacement. When it comes to durability, I prefer Electric Skillets made of the non-stick surface because they last long while maintaining their original look.
7. Material And Cooking Surface
Also when searching for the best electric skillet, it is important to consider the type of material the skillet is made of before purchase. Skillets made of aluminum are the best because they conduct heat very fast and ensure even distribution. When it comes to the skillet’s interior surface, choose one with a non-stick coating because it prevents food from sticking to it.
8. Ease Of Cleaning
Some Electric Skillets have electric components that are not dishwasher safe. So you need to choose a model that you can clean by hand. If you don’t like this idea of washing skillets by hand, then you need to pick one that is safe to wash in the dishwasher.
9. Other Features
There are a number of additional features you need to look for when shopping for an electric skillet. A complete skillet should have additional features like:
- Glass lid for checking food and preventing moisture from escaping.
- A drainage spout which allows you to pour out the grease or broth from your meal.
- A locking lid which makes it easier for you to move your food from one location to another
- An adjustable steam vent to prevent liquids from spilling over.
- Heat-resistant handles to provide secure and comfortable grip while cooking.
My Top 5 Recommendations
Now you know what Electric Skillets are and factors to consider when choosing the best product for your kitchen. To ease the process of picking the best Electric Skillet from tons of products in the market, I have narrowed down into 5 products that have received positive reviews from customers. I arrived at these five options based on their overall rating and number of reviews on Amazon. To know which Electric Skillets made into this list, continue reading this article.
Most customers look for the best-selling products on the market. If you are one of them, then Presto 06857 Electric Skillet might be worth considering. This skillet has many features and benefits that have made it a top choice for many buyers.
It comes with a built-in pour spout which allows you to pour out the grease or broth from your meal. You can also use this feature to hold your spatula and spoon while cooking or serving. It also features handles which you can detach from the skillet’s base for easier cleaning and storage.
Other appealing features of Presto 06857 include a heavy cast aluminum base which provides maximum heat conductivity and a deluxe nonstick coating on the exterior and interior surface for improved release and cleaning.
- Both pan and cover are dishwasher safe.
- High-quality skillet with good performance.
- Base made of an aluminum core which conducts heats quickly and distributes it evenly.
- High sidewalls and 16-inch base make this model large enough for large family cooking.
- Tempered glass cover which prevents moisture from escaping
- Cool handles which allow secure and comfortable grip while cooking.
- Large base which consumes more electricity
Just like the Presto 06857, the De'Longhi BG45 is a 16-inch electric skillet that has been satisfying customers since its introduction on the market by De'Longhi. This electric skillet comes with a non-stick surface so it is a plus for customers who don’t have time to scrap off crusty food from the surface of the cookware.
In terms of capacity, De'Longhi BG45 can cook up to 50 scrambled eggs or 8 large-sized fish filets. If you want to cook food for a large family or guests, this model might be worth considering.
Another appealing feature of this electric skillet is the adjustable steam vent holes which allow steam from the food to evaporate thus preventing liquids from spilling over. The skillet also features a tempered glass cover which traps nutrients, moisture, and heat for delicious culinary results.
You don’t need to worry about the time that this electric skillet takes to cook your dishes. The skillet features a die cast aluminum body with improved conductivity allowing you to cook your food faster and efficiently.
- Dishwasher-safe electric skillet so it is easy-to-clean
- Cooks food fast and evenly without overly cold or hot spots.
- Non-stick surface for improved food release and easier cleaning.
- Adjustable steam vent holes to prevent liquids from spilling over and allow steam evaporation.
- The aluminum body can get very hot when cooking.
- Skillet is a bit too heavy to hold when full.
If you are looking for a top-rated model, then the National Presto 07115 skillet might be worth your hard-earned cash. The interior and exterior of this electric skillet feature a ceramic nonstick coating which prevents food from sticking to the surface. This coating also provides easy cleaning.
The pan is made of heavy cast aluminum which has higher heat conductivity and ensures even distribution of heat. With this material, you are guaranteed quick and efficient cooking. The pan also has high sidewalls and a 12-inch base which make this model large enough for medium-sized family cooking.
One of the things you might like about this model is the Master heat control feature which allows you to set your desired temperature automatically. The skillet also comes with a built-in pour spout which allows you to pour out grease or broth from your meal. You can also use this feature to hold your spatula and spoon while cooking or serving.
Just like the Presto 06857 skillet, National Presto 07115 also features handles which you can detach from the skillet’s base for easier cleaning and storage.
- Dishwasher safe skillet so it is easy to clean.
- Detachable handles so it is easier to clean and store.
- Master heat control feature which allows you to set your desired temperature automatically.
- Made of heavy cast aluminum which guaranteed quick and efficient cooking.
- Ceramic nonstick coating to provide stick-free healthier cooking and easy cleaning.
- Built-in pour spout which allows you to pour out grease or broth from your meal.
- Might be a bit heavy for small sized individuals and kids.
- The pouring spout or grease lets to much steam out.
Presto 06626 Electric Skillet is an earlier model from Presto, released before Presto’s 06857 16-inch Electric Skillet. There are no much differences between these two models. In fact, the only notable difference is the body design and size.
Just like Presto’s 06857 Skillet, Presto’s 06852 Model features a deluxe nonstick coating on the exterior and interior surface for improved food release and cleaning. The skillet’s tempered glass cover and high sidewalls make it a perfect choice for cooking any meal.
This 11-inch electric skillet also comes with a Control Master heat control which allows you to control cooking temperature automatically. The skillet is more is more energy efficient than using an oven or stove.
When it comes to design, Presto 06626 skillet features a base with detachable stands unlike the 06852 Model which features a flat base.
- Dishwasher safe when the heat control is removed.
- Tempered glass cover allows you to inspect food while cooking.
- More energy efficient than using an oven or stove.
- Deluxe nonstick coating on the exterior and interior surface for improved food release and cleaning
- Relatively low capacity so it won’t be enough for large families.
If you are looking for a multifunctional electric skillet, then the Zojirushi Electric Skillet might be a perfect choice for you. This skillet comes with two cooking plates; a flat plate which you can use for grilling and a deep pan for cooking soup-type meals. Both of these plates features ceramic surfaces with nonstick coating for easier cleaning and stick-free cooking.
This 1350-watt electric skillet comes with a tempered glass lid which you can use to monitor your food while cooking or prevent moisture from coming out. The skillet also features an adjustable temperature control which allows you to select your preferred temperature from 176°F to 480°F.
- Large multi-functional Electric Skillet on the market.
- Tempered glass lid which allows you to monitor the cooking process
- Adjustable temperature control for selecting preferred temperature.
- Stay-cool side handles which provide secure and comfortable grip while cooking.
- The pan is deep so it is ideal for preparing fondues and soups.
- Easy to use controls
- Detachable power cord.
- Perfect size that fits most kitchen countertops.
- Made of material which conducts and distributes heat evenly.
- The plate and other parts are very easy to clean.
- The lid is not tight enough to prevent heat from escaping. To solve this issue, you can place something heavier on to.
After careful consideration, the product that appeals to me most is the Presto 06857 Electric Skillet. The skillet has all the features you will need to cook delicious meals. Some of the appealing features that make it stand out from the rest include sleek design, good performance, high heat conductivity and distribution, cool handles, large capacity, tempered glass cover, dishwasher safe and most importantly a friendly price.
However, if you are looking for a more energy efficient Skillet, this option might not be good for you. You need to consider other models that I have reviewed above.