Easy And Simple Methods On How To Cook Escargot
Do you love snails? Have you ever tried to cook escargots? What was the outcome? The following are some of the ways on how to cook escargot that can help you to prepare very delicious escargots. Try any of them.There are various ways you can cook the escargots and get the results very delicious. Whichever method you decide to choose will give you a very delicious meal.
The following are some of the methods that you can choose to cook escargots.
Cooking Escargots In The Shell Using Butter Herb
You need approximately forty-five minutes to have the escargots ready to serve five people.
- Escargots in the shell
- Butter at room temperature
- Garlic that is finely cut
- Pepper and salt
- Lemon juice
- Parsley that is minced
- Wash the escargot in warm water, dry the shells and set them aside.
- Mix the shallot, butter, garlic, lemon juice and parsley in a bowl. Use a small spoon to mix. Add pepper and salt to the mixture.
- Put a moderate amount of the butter herb into each shell. Make sure all the butter is used.
- Put the filled shells in a fridge for approximately 20 minutes. This will ensure that the butter solidifies in the shells.
- As the escargot remains in the fridge, set the oven.
- Remove the shells from the fridge and put them in the oven in
a safe pan. Cook the snails for about 15 minutes.
- The escargot is ready to be served. You can serve with fresh tomato sauce or toasted baguette.
M ethod 2:
The Traditional Method
- After letting the escargot stay for at least five days in wooden containers, wash them using running water.
- Put them in a large container, use salt on the escargot. The salt will help the escargot to disgorge.
- Leave them for some few minutes, wash them again. Now you can scald them. I think this can be very difficult for some people.
- Cook the escargot in a fresh flavored liquid. Simmer them for approximately 90 minutes. This will depend on the size of the escargot.
A flavored liquid like the court Bouillon, parsley, onions, thyme, pepper
Now the escargot can be used in the following recipe:
- Butter, black pepper, garlic, parsley, shallot, and salt
- The parsley, shallot, and garlic should be chopped into small pieces. Mix the all.
- Butter is placed in each shell. The cooked escargots are pushed into the shells the remaining space is filled with butter. A teaspoon is enough for each shell.
- Place them in the oven; give them enough time to melt for the butter to melt.
- They are now ready to be served. Use the small fork to pick them.
- In this recipe, you can you different ingredients to achieve the desired aroma. For example the mustard grains. These will also improve the digestion rate of the escargot.
Fillet Of The Escargot
This recipe is very simple but classy. You can try this one.
Pastry shells, milk, flour, blue cheese, Bourgogne
- Drain and marinate the canned escargot 24 hours earlier. Use the Bourgogne
- Make a Béchamel sauce; season it with pepper, grated nutmeg, and salt.
- Warm the pastry shells in an oven lightly
- You heat the escargot in wine then add some salt. Drain them and put them in the pastry shells. Keep them in the oven to be warm.
- Mix the blue cheese with hot béchamel sauce and put it into the pastry cups.
- The pastry cups are placed on plates.
- Now the escargot is ready to be served. Serve when it is still hot.
Mushrooms And Escargot
In this method, you need previously cooked escargots.
- Wash and cut the mushrooms. Fry quickly with garlic or onions, this will depend on your taste.
- Use salt and pepper to season. Put the previously cooked escargot in the mushroom.
- When the wine reduces, add butter. You may decide to add cognac or not.
- As the butter begins to melt stop cooking.
Baked Escargots with Mushroom Caps
- Ingredients: A can of escargots, butter, garlic, mushrooms without stems, white wine, flour, cream,
terragon, black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Put the escargots in a bowl with cold water. Let them stay for some few minutes so as to get rid of their flavor.
- Heat the oven before putting escargots in. Grease an eight by eight-inch dish for baking.
- Drain the escargots and dry them. Heat the butter with the garlic over medium heat. Mix the butter with mushrooms and escargots. Cook until the mushroom starts to soften. This will take about 5 minutes.
- As the butter begins to melt stop cooking.
- Put together the wine, flour, pepper, tarragon and cream in a bowl. Ensure that the flour is not lumpy. The mixture is put in the skillet, let it boil. Stir as it cooks for about 10 minutes.
- Put the mushrooms in the baking dish; ensure that they are upside down.
- Put an escargot in each mushroom. The remaining sauce, pour it on the mushrooms. The cheese is sprinkled on top.
- Bake them in the oven until the cheese turns brown. This will consume approximately 15 minutes.
Use Of Garlic Butter
- Ingredients: You need garlic, salt, soft unsalted butter, shallot, fresh chopped parsley, black pepper, wine, snails, kosher salt, and any accompaniment of your choice.
- Put the oven rack in the middle of the oven and heat it.
- Mash the garlic into a paste and then add a pinch of salt.
- Mix the shallot, garlic, butter, parsley and some salt. Also, add pepper in the same mix. You can use an electronic mixer to combine the ingredients well. Lastly, add wine.
- Divide the garlic in half among the shells. Put the snails into the shells, and then add the butter. Sprinkle some kosher salt in the baking dish and shells.
- Bake the escargots until the butter melts and sizzles. This will take about five minutes.
- You can serve the immediately while it is hot.
- The escargots cannot be baked; they are cooked for about thirty minutes and kept at room temperature until the day they will be baked.
The above are some of the recipes that you can use to cook escargots. Always remember to wash them clean before you cook. Use a flavored liquid so as to remove the smell they already have. The smell may be disgusting to some people. You can also watch using the link on how to cook the escargot:
If you enjoyed the recipes please feel free to share. You can comment or give us a recipe for escargots if you have one.
You can interested in to know the effective ways of how to dry morel mushrooms.