How To Make Ensaymada Perfectly At Home?
Do you like the ensaymada? How do you prepare the ensaymada? This is a soft and sweet bread with sugar and butter as a cover with lots of cheese that is grated. You can also add salted egg to make it special. The following are some of the recipes that will help you on how to make ensaymada perfectly. When preparing them, you should be patient.
You Can Try Any Of The Following Recipes To Enjoy
Soft Ensaymada Recipe
- A cup of milk
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 ½ cup of flour
- ¼ tablespoon of salt
- ¼ cup of butter
- A tablespoon of instant yeast in a ¼ cup of water with a teaspoon of sugar
Ingredients for toppings
- A cup of grated cheese
- ½ cup of sugar, powder
- ½ cup of butter, at room temperature
- Combine the milk, sugar, shortening, and salt in a bowl. Add half of your flour and the yeast and stir for about minutes to have a consistency that is like paste.
- Add the remaining flour and the egg yolks and mix for about 3 more minutes. If the mixture is runny, you can add more flour. The dough should be sticky.
- As you fold the dough, you can scrape the sides of the bowl. Cover it with the kitchen towel. Let the dough rest for about 3 hours to rise or double its original size.
- Scrape the sides as you tip the dough over a floured surface. Roll your sticky dough and cut it into two. Roll the two separately and cut each into two. Continue with this procedure until you get the number of slices that you want.
- Roll the slices to have a rectangular shape. Brush the surfaces with the butter that is softened. Roll each slice from the side that is long to the other end. This will give you a long log-like shape. Shape them into coils and tuck the ends.
- Place the coiled pieces in a mold that is greased and let them rest for about 1 hour in a warm place. They dough will rise.
- Place them in a preheated oven and bake at 300 degrees F for about 25 minutes.When ready, let them cool slightly before removing them from the molds. Let them cool completely.
- As they cool, prepare the buttercream. Cream the butter that is softened with that sugar each ½ a cup.
- Cover the ensaymada with the buttercream using a spoon or knife.
- Lastly, top with grated cheese generously. Serve and enjoy.
The Easiest Ensaymada Recipe
- 5 cups of flour
- A teaspoon of salt
- 3 raw eggs
- A cup of fresh warm milk
- ¾ cup of melted butter
- A cup of grated cheese
- ¾ cup of sugar, white
- 2 ¼ teaspoon of rapid rise yeast
- Mix the milk, sugar, and yeast. Stir the mixture until the sugar and the yeast dissolve completely. Set the mixture aside and let the yeast activate.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl. Ensure that they mix thoroughly. Add the raw eggs, the mixture that has activated yeast, and ½ cup of butter into the dry ingredients.
- Mix the mixture properly to ensure that the ingredients are distributed evenly and the dough is formed. Knead the formed dough to get a texture that is fine.
- Leave the dough in the bowl and cover it with a cloth. Set it aside for about 2 hours to rise.
- Flatten the dough on a flat surface. You can punch the dough lightly to release that is trapped inside.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces. Roll each piece until it gets a cylindrical shape. Cut the pieces into small serving pieces and place them on a surface that is flat. Use a rolling pin and flatten the pieces gently.
- Mix ¼ cup of sugar with ¼ cup of butter that is melted. On the flattened pieces, paint with the butter mixture using a brush. Paint the center only.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the area that is painted.
- Fold them in the opposite direction and roll until you get a cylindrical shape. Form spiral ensaymada by crossing the two ends of the dough. Tuck the first end under the dough and the other end in the middle.
- Use a wax paper to line a baking dish and place the ensaymada inside. Cover them with a cloth. Set it aside for about 45 minutes to rise.
- Preheat the oven for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Bake the dough at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- When ready take them out and paint them with the remaining sugar and butter mixture. After painting, sprinkle the remaining cheese. Serve when hot and enjoy.
The Cheesy Ensymada Recipe
- A tablespoon of honey
- ½ cup of cheese, processed
- ¾ cup of water
- 4 ¼ cup of flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- A tablespoon of yeast, instant
- A tablespoon of full-cream milk, powdered
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Grated quezo de bola
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup of butter
- ½ cup of butter, unsalted
- Mix the honey with water.
- Put the flour and salt is a bowl. Add the cheese and mix with hands. This will help to separate the particles.
- Add the water mixture and all other ingredients except the butter that is softened. Knead the mixture to get the dough for ensaymada.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and cover it. You can place it in a warm place to allow it rise well. Let it sit for about 1.5 hours.
- Cut the dough into small pieces of 60g each. Roll the pieces out and spread the softened butter on the surfaces. Roll the dough to form a cylinder. Twirl it and tuck in the end at the bottom.
- Arrange the in the baking dishes that are greased and cover them using a plastic wrap.
- Allow them to sit for about 4 hours in a place that is warm. Place them in an oven to bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool on the wire racks. Mix the unsalted with the sugar to make your topping. On top of the butter add the quezo de bola that is grated.
The Perfect Ensaymada
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoon of yeast, instant
- 3 eggs
- 3 ¾ cups of sifted flour
- 1/3 cup of butter, unsalted
- ¼ cup of milk, evaporatedTopping ingredients
- Unsalted butter, creamed
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven up to 325 degrees. Mix the yeast with water and set the mixture aside. Put the sifted flour in a bowl and mix with salt and sugar. (Using a Flour Sifter to make your baking better).
- To the flour mixture, add the dissolved yeast, eggs, milk, and the remaining water. Mix them slowly.
- Add the butter and mix well to get the dough is soft that. Grease a bowl and transfer the dough there and use a plastic wrap to cover.
- Allow the dough to sit for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Divide the dough into small pieces that weigh about 60g each. Cover the dough and let it sit for 15 more minutes. Roll the pieces thinly into a rectangular shape and roll them like a rod. Twirl the rods into shape and tuck the ends.
- Place the ensaymada in a molder and let them sit for 1.5 hours to rise. Place them in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Ensure that they have a golden color when ready.
- Take it from the oven and allow it cool before you remove it from the molder. Use the creamed butter to brush each of the ensaymada and then sprinkle the sugar and cheese.
Did you enjoy reading the recipes? The above are some of the recipes that you can try to get the best ensaymada at home. They have a soft and fine texture. Ensure that you don’t over bake them. Butter should be taken out of the fridge earlier to be soft but not greasy or oily. If you have a comment or question, feel free to share with us below in the comments section.
Learn how to make a demi glace.