How To Paint Fondant In Different Ways?
Do you know how to paint fondant? What do you use when painting? The following information will guide us on how to paint on fondant. You can try at home to make your cakes more attractive. Painting fondant may be a task for the first time. The fondant may melt when you add water or use the water-based food coloring. This may ruin the cake. To prevent this, you can paint with the alcohol or mix the water/glycerin coloring with alcohol. As you brush the alcohol, it will dry and leave the color. The fondant cannot dissolve easily.
How To Paint On Fondant Cake
The painting will help you to make a beautiful cake with the edible food colors. The following steps will help you to make the best painting.
The items that you will need:
- Vodka, rum, or a clear liquor
- Powder, paste, or liquid food color
- Synthetic brushes
- Artist palette for the colors
Cover the cake with fondant and paint a design that you want. You can use a non-toxic marker or food writer. You can also use a plastic or metal cutters to print the design you want on the fondant.
The design can be drawn on a paper as an example.
Use rum or vodka to dilute the food colors that you are using. When water is used, the drying process will be slow. The cake will not have an alcoholic taste. This is because the alcohol will evaporate.
Ensure that you use different brushes for each color.
You can use a clean brush to diffuse the colors to get dark and light contrasts.
How To Paint Fondant By Hand
The following are some of the steps that you can follow to get your fondant painted.
- Sand the cake edges lightly. This will ensure that the sharpness of the edges is removed.
- Sand all the seams that may be along the side of your cake.
- Apply some vegetable shortening all over the cake form.
- Cover the cake with the rolled fondant.
- When painting the fondant, you can use clear vanilla extract or vodka. They are good when diluting and rinsing the brush.
- Choose a design and paint your cake nicely. You can use fresh flowers on top to make it more interesting.
Painting On Fondant Easily
This process requires 2 ingredients only. The food color and vodka or rum. You can use gel or powdered food color. Vodka is used to thin the food color perfectly. It is colorless and will dry quickly. Any type of vodka can work perfectly well.
- Put a ¼ teaspoon of your food color in a container and add a puddle of vodka. Ensure that the mixture is not stirred.
- The paint will act as the watercolors. If the food color is not mixed with the alcohol or vodka you can get a range of the color intensity when you deep the brush in the container.
- You can draw the design you want on a paper before you paint on the fondant.
- Use a thinned color to trace the template or use the color to block in the design if you are not using a template.
- Start with the lighter colors and darken them later. They can be darkened by adding some paint. It will be hard to start with the darker colors and lighten them later.
- You can blend the colors on the paint like the watercolor. For example, you can apply blue and yellow to have a green color.
- If a mistake is made, you can easily erase it. Ensure that it is done quickly before the liquor evaporates. It may be hard to erase the red color and others if you take long to act. This can be done by making a paper towel damp with the liquor and then use it to wipe the mistake.
- When painting the vertical surface, use a brush that is slightly dry to avoid dripping.
- The vodka can be used on cakes for kids. This is because the liquor will evaporate as the paint dries.
- You can try to paint your cake and enjoy.
How To Paint On A Marshmallow Fondant With An Edible Watercolor
This will work out perfectly well. You may feel intimidated but if you have never tried to paint.
When the cake is ready. Prepare the marshmallow fondant and the start the painting process.
In the wells of the art palette, put the lemon extract.
Add the colors that you want to use. You can mix them using the toothpicks. You can use the white icing color to make the colors opaque.
Paint the fondant with the colors. Make designs of your choice.
Paint in layers. Ensure that you allow about 5 minutes for each layer to dry.
Let the cake to dry before you serve.
Did you enjoy reading this information? The above are some of the ways that you can use to paint fondant. The vodka can be used on cakes for kids. This is because the liquor will evaporate as the paint dries. A mistake can be erased easily before then paint dries. Ensure that it is done quickly before the liquor evaporates. It may be hard to erase the red color and others if you take long to act. This can be done by making a paper towel damp with the liquor and then use it to wipe the mistake.
If you enjoyed reading, please feel free to share with others and if you have a question or comment, idea, or experience, let us know in the comments section.
You can learn on how to make store bought frosting better?